> Should I be looking at any other documentation, or code, that you are
> developing?

Yes. What you have brought up is actually not the use case for
formsets. However, you do bring up something that makes me want to
clarify in the docs a bit more. When I say multiple forms per page,
that really doesn't mean having fields from N models that are grouped
together in some fashion and presented in different locations on the
page to make it more user friendly. What it really means is having
multiple Form/ModelForm objects that are equivalent in fields and bound
to some list dataset. Just like the edit_inline functionality found in
the admin. All your other issues deal directly with newforms yourself.
I would give the newforms and modelforms documentation again.

newforms: http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/newforms/
modelforms: http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/modelforms/

--
Brian Rosner