I use Textmate (with the Django bundle) and soft-tabs.  Sometimes If I
paste code from the web there are indentation problems.   Here's what
I use for quick clean-up:

* search for [tab] and replace with [4 spaces] (using soft-tabs)

I recorded a macro which does "select all" and then performs this
search and replace.  Then I tied it to a hot-key.  So if pasted code
has a problem, I just hit cmd-f3 and the problem is solved.

Or In some cases I use:

* "Cleanup whitespace" from the Python bundle
or
* "Show Invisibles" from the "View" menu to help spot the
inconsistency visually.

Hope this helps,
Daniel