I'm not sure if this a bug, maybe somebody can tell:
(Django latest trunk on both machines)
On my local devserver (python 2.5 ubuntu) I had the following line:
menu = models.ForeignKey('menubuilder.menu')
This gave an instance of the object Menu the attr "article_set"

the above worked on the devserver

However when installed the project on Debian server apache and python
2.4 the line did not give a "artikel_set"...

I took me awhile to find it but it appears that
models.ForeignKey('menubuilder.menu') didn't give me the artikel set
on the production server
After changing to
from menu.models import Menu
model.ForeignKey(Menu)