On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 4:56 AM, Julien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've identified something that appears to me as a bug. I found a quick
> fix, but I'd like to hear from some advised people to know what's the
> best way to go, or if I'm simply missing the point.
>
> You can copy/paste the code from: http://dpaste.com/hold/54289/
>
> Simply put, there are 2 models (UserProfile and Project) which both
> inherit from some abstract models that centralize the management of
> file galleries (one type of gallery is an avatar gallery, and the
> other type is a regular file gallery).
>
> Now, to replicate the problem in the admin, create a new project, then
> create a new file gallery and set it as the 'file_gallery' attribute
> for that project.
>
> Then, try to delete the file gallery object, and you should get the
> error "'FileGallery' object has no attribute 'project_filegalleried'"
> as in: http://dpaste.com/hold/54288/
>
> The error comes from the end of the method the method at
> django.db.models.base._collect_sub_objects:
>
> for sub_obj in getattr(self, rel_opts_name).all():
>    sub_obj._collect_sub_objects(seen_objs)
>
> Adding an 'hasattr' test got rid of the error:
>
> if hasattr(self, rel_opts_name):
>    for sub_obj in getattr(self, rel_opts_name).all():
>        sub_obj._collect_sub_objects(seen_objs)
>
> Now, does that look like a bug to you? If so, is my proposed fix
> appropriate? If not, have I missed something?

Do you get the error only if you delete via the Admin?  If so then I think
this falls under the umbrella of "Admin doesn't currently support model
inheritance", see:

http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/6755

If you can recreate the error without Admin, then that's a different issue.
I'd search the ticket tracker to see if there are any other reports and if
not report it.

Karen