David Larlet wrote:
> This is not a secret that I'm interested in both Django and Semantic
> Web. I'm following discussion about Django+REST for more than two
> years and when I realize that newforms-admin branch will use class-
> based generic views [1], I decided that it's probably the right moment
> to do something with that.
>
> [1] http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/6735

David, this is a good news for us REST-fans :-). However don't you think
it could better start living as a separate app? It could get some early
adoption without needing to pursue inclusion in trunk.

>          * Handle receivers in order to use it as an API (for the
> moment,
>            it assumes that you receive formencoded data), need more
> reflexion.

How about registering handlers for specific mimetypes that would convert
from raw data into a python dict. ModelView will have a built-in method
for formencoded mimetype and a derived class could add its own like this:

     @register_mimetype('application/atom+xml')
     def atom_to_dict(self, data_stream):
         # parse data_stream
         return {