On Jun 8, 1:23 am, "Rob Hudson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Where I work we use 0.96 (though I use trunk on my personal projects).
>  We use 0.96 because we have up to 12 separate Django projects
> rotating through at a time and all at various phases of development.
> We don't have the resources to continuously update all of them to
> trunk and fix the various backward incompatible changes that might
> crop up, and each one can't be on its own trunk release or trying to
> assemble any sort of library would be a nightmare.  Not even
> mentioning having to support various Django releases on our production
> servers.  So we're stuck on 0.96 until 1.0 comes along.

This is much the same where I work.  We're using our own fork of 0.96
with a handful of cherry-picked changes that were particularly
important for us backported from trunk.  I'm really looking forward to
moving to 1.0 when it's released (possibly even when there's a release
candidate), particularly for QSRF and the full unicode support
throughout.

Speaking of sprints, are there any plans to hold a Django sprint
during Europython 2008 (only one month away now)?

Andrew.