Hi all --

It's apparent from the recent blog and list activity that some members of the
Django community feel that we've screwed up in waiting so long to make another
release; some have started to despair that we'll ever ship 1.0. This uncertainty
has been confounded by our failure to be more transparent and open about the
roadmap for 1.0. Though the core developers all have a good picture of what
should be done before 1.0, I've done a lousy job communicating that and asking
for feedback. Further, it's clear that not having a definite timeline has really
pissed some people off.

This lapse of communication and lack of a timeline is primary *my* fault, and to
anyone annoyed, angered, or inconvenienced, and to the community in general,
I apologize.

I appreciate all the constructive criticism. Please, if you feel strongly about
this -- as I know many do -- come participate! I've just posted a draft 1.0
timeline.

Jacob