On 11 Jūn., 03:45, "Russell Keith-Magee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 6:46 AM, Edgars Jēkabsons
>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I understand that I can help by triaging the 341 unreviewed, I can't
> > at the moment imagine doing design decisions in the name of the
> > community though.
>
> This is a triage process - we're not asking you to make decisions for
> the community - we're asking you to filter the fire hose of tickets
> and give us a trickle we can manage.

Well, the contributing information contains the following text as exit
for design decision needed marked tickets - "The community and/or core
developers decide whether this ticket can and will be fixed". Seeing
that there are >200 tickets waiting for "the community and/or core
developers" to decide surely I'd like to help.

> It also calls for volunteers. These tickets don't fix themselves, and
> you don't need a formal invitation or sprint to give you permission to
> work on them. The Django contribution guide [1] contains more details,
> but there is lots you could do to help out:
>

>  [1]http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/contributing/

Ironically http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/6320 that improves the
contributing information is marked as design decision needed with no
progress for 5 months.

Am I allowed to mark it as ready for checkin?

Best regards,
Edgars