Hi all,
A newbie question! Please can anyone answer or direct me to a good resource
that detials the advantage of Django over other frameworks that are in php? PHP
is all over and seems to be more popular than Python in web development. Though
popularity doesn’t always mean it's the best, it would be easy for me to
explain to my Director why switching over to Sactmo or Django framework would
be a good move, if any of you explain me the features and benefits (also where
php wins over python).

Typically I expect the following questions from my Director:

1. Php is all over and very popular, why choose a language which is less
popular.
2. Will python deliver speedy pages as php, or will django deliver speedy pages
as any php framwork, say cakephp?
3. what will be the future of python websites and django framework?

I installed django framework and found its amazing power. But am no expert in
answering the above questions. Documentation is Django is excellent!!! Special
Thanks to the documentation team. It's the clear and detailed documentation
which gave a good confidence on the framework as such for me. Also I like the
green theme!

Thanks all,
Shakthi