Hello folks,
It's been a very long time since I posted an update because I have
relocated to another city and don't have an internet connection but
work has been going on.

After a reply [1] from my previous update mail I decided to check out
the method suggested. Another reason for pursuing the method was the
response from folks on IRC.

I have worked on the method and conducted a benchmark test on the
previous method (that had a parent field and a level field embedded
[2] into the model slightly like django-mptt) and the current method
that uses recursion [3]. The benchmark test result is on
http://dpaste.com/59754/.

Going by the benchmark results the second method is logical but not
efficient. After a long discussion with my mentor we decided to put it
up for discussion here. Please suggest changes if any.

The items in the To-Do list are:
1) Migration to newforms-admin
2) Migration script from old-comments to new-comments
3) Registration of Spam Filter
4) Improvements to the moderation queue (move to newforms-admin?)

I plan to tackle 1 and 3 during the weekend and the rest at the sprint
during Europython.

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/django-developers/msg/2cf9d0170883d73e
[2] http://code.google.com/p/django-newcomments
[3] http://thejaswi.puthraya.googlepages.com/my_patch_5.diff (patch