On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 8:03 PM, Jeremy Dunck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was thinking the FormWizard should allow GET to be used on all but
> the last step, or should allow configuration of what to method to use.
>
> Forms aren't just for posting.
>
> Any interest in this?

Nice thing about GETs is that users aren't confronted with the dreaded
"Data was submitted with POST" confirmation, which is confusing to
most people and usually not tested.  Basically you end up breaking the
back button and the reload button.  Having a working reload button is
nice for developers, and a working back button is really nice for
users.  There's a POST redirect to GET pattern where users POST a
form, and are redirected to a GET for the next step.  In this case,
the POST disappears from the user's history (refresh and reload work
as expected).  I don't know a lot about Django's Form wizard, but it
looks like it's hashing values in a hidden field, which would require
use of the session scope (or maybe RoRs "flash" but that would break
the reload button)  so that you don't end up with a hash in the URL.
Putting the hash in the url isn't necessarily an option because most
web servers limit the length of URLs to something reasonable.

-Dave