On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 11:06 PM, Karen Tracey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 10:00 AM, Russell Keith-Magee
> I get 17 failures running on Ubuntu (gutsy), but maybe I'm missing something
> else needed for the tests to run properly?  I just added the
> django-admin-tests.diff to a pristine trunk checkout.  I had to create an
> __init__.py file in the admin-scripts directory and set the execute bit on
> the .sh files.  Here's the output:
>
> http://dpaste.com/61132/
>
> Of 77 tests that run only 17 report failures so some things are working but
> it isn't immediately obvious to me what's going wrong with the rest.

To the best of my knowledge, there shouldn't be anything else required
to run the tests, other than python in your system path.

One possible cause is the __init__.py files; there are 3 required in
total - admin_scripts, admin_scripts/management, and
admin_scripts/management/commands. The patch contains entries for
those files, but they're empty, so there are no patch instructions.

Either way, I've made some modifications to the tests so that they are
a little bit more meaningful on error - in particular, I've added
validation that no errors are received if none are expected. If the
problem isn't the __init__.py files, the extra assertions should make
it easier to track down the problem.

Could I impose upon you to take the new patch for a spin?

> Simon's  idea of eliminating the bash scripts entirely sounds good to me,
> assuming it can be done.

Can be, and has. Updated patch available on #6107. I believe this
means that the new scripts should run under Windows; If you could take
this version for a spin under Windows too, I'd be much obliged.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)