On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 10:03 -0700, Matt Boersma wrote:
> On Aug 20, 10:50 am, Malcolm Tredinnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > There's one SQL syntax error that I can't fix, however (in
> > regressiontests/queries/models.py). I'll look at the pickling issue
> > there, but the SQL problem I can't debug.
>
> If you mean this one:
>
> Item.objects.dates('created', 'day')[0]
> DatabaseError: ORA-00923: FROM keyword not found where expected
>
> then I'm on it.  Thanks for looking at the other tests.

So r8450 should fix the remaining database tests with the exception of
the pickling one. That should fix forced_insert_update and
get_or_create.

I've started working on a proto-solution for the pickle situation and it
almost works, but I'm stuck for the moment, so I'll go back to that
tomorrow or Friday (I'm writing a custom __reduce__ method to take
control of pickling for that class).

The other two failing tests are for other reasons: model_forms requires
PIL to give the right results. It's a fragile test in Django that we
should rewrite at some point to be more flexible. The files test is just
failing because it doesn't clean up after itself when it fails
sometimes, so the expected filename after a save is different. We can
make that a little more robust at some point, too. For now, they're
lower priority, since they could be fixed on the buildbot end if it was
of real concern and there are actual bugs to fix right now.

Regards,
Malcolm