Hi,

Thinking about switching from a homemade framework to django, I took a
look a the MultiDatabaseSupport stuff
(http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/MultipleDatabaseSupport
).
The related code seems to be 2 years old, is this branch still in
development ?

I also noticed that the DB parameters are "statically" defined in the
settings. I'm actually looking for the ability to connect to a
database "on the fly" according to session-related data; would it be
possible without too much adapting work ?

The aim is to have a separate database (with the same schema) for each
customer account in my app, the customer id being extracted from a
session variable.

I'm currently using my own db manager: attaching & detaching databases
(SQLite, MySQL), cross-db requests, etc... but django's models are so
amazing I'd like to lighten my app with it :)

--
Romain