On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:43 AM, David Spreen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> As you might know, 1.0 will come too late for Debian Lenny (unless we
> will get a freeze exception which at this time seems rather unlikely).
> Since Security is important to Debian, I wondered if there is a policy
> as to how long old stable releases (in this case 0.96) will receive
> security support.

First, we'll release security fixes at least until the 1.2 release,
and possibly longer if someone is interested enough to volunteer to
help us backport fixes. This'll probably happen; it's not a large
amount of work.

However: is there anything we can do to get an exception for 1.0 in
Lenny? I know bupkiss about the Debian process, but obviously getting
1.0 into Lenny would be pretty sweet for us. If there's anything I can
do to help make that happen, please point me in the right direction!

Jacob