On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 12:43 AM, Adrian Holovaty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Just a quick note: I've redirected
> http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/ and everything below that
> URL tree to the new docs subdomain, http://docs.djangoproject.com/.
> Rather than spending the time to redirect individual pages, I just
> redirected everything to the docs.djangoproject.com front page. (The
> bigger issue is that some of the docs have been split into multiple
> pieces, and I don't have the time to work all of that out.)
>
> The exception is everything under
> http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/0_90/ and
> http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/0_91/ -- those pages are
> still there.
>
> The outstanding issue is that 0.96 docs aren't available online
> anywhere. I didn't get a chance to save them and create flatpages
> before the doc refactor from a few weeks ago. For those, I'm
> comfortable telling people to refer to the text docs in the
> distribution, but we could pop 'em online if there's an outrage.

Yikes.  Seems like we're still getting a few "this doc that used to be here
is not in the new structure" tickets (e.g., #9000, opened late today).  Not
having the old docs online anywhere makes those hard to find/assess/fix,
no?  I see from the follow-up notes that we do have .95 and .96, but there's
a huge amount of "new in development" stuff in the post-.96 pre-refactor
docs, and it seems likely the "lost" stuff often falls into that category.
Is there no (not too difficult) way to keep the last pre-refactor level
available online somewhere for reference?

Karen