On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 9:11 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> However, Django also misuses transactions in other cases (exactly the
> ones you mention).  A transaction does not guarantee consistency of
> multiple operations, at least not in the default READ COMMITTED
> transaction mode.  Django is written assuming that the database
> transaction mode is SERIALIZED, which basically never true (someone
> would have to explicitly configure postgresql for this, and I'm
> guessing no one actually does aside from places like banks).

I didn't see anywhere that Malcolm claimed a transaction will
magically make concurrency issues go away all on its own, and I'm a
bit put off by the fact that you're here:

1. Overloading the word "integrity" with multiple meanings and
choosing which one you want to use at a given moment, and
2. Doing a lot of dancing from one issue to another (one moment you're
talking about BEGIN/COMMIT causing overhead, the next you're arguing
about transaction isolation).

Can we figure out what this thread is about, and stick to it, please?