The behavior of pickling QuerySets changed in qsrf, and therefore in
Django 1.0: previously the pickle included only the query, now it
includes the results.  This was the root cause of a bad problem that
took us three days to find:
http://nedbatchelder.com/blog/200809/a_server_memory_leak.html.  At one
point the docs mentioned the pickling behavior explicitly, and now they
don't.  Pickling isn't mentioned as one of the reasons a QuerySet is
evaluated in the current docs
(http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/models/querysets/), and
there's no specific description of what happens when a QuerySet is pickled.

Am I missing where this is discussed, or is it an oversight, or is there
a reason not to mention it?  I'll patch the docs if you'd like...

--Ned.