On Sat, 2008-10-04 at 10:16 -0700, SliceOf314 wrote:
[...]
> How does the following syntax sound?
>
> If people like it, or have better suggestions, I could write the
> patch.
>
> vacations = models.ManyToManyField('Location', through=('person,
> 'Vacation','location'), blank=True)
>
> This should give enough information to specify the exact attribute
> path for the m2m relationship.  If the intermediary table doesn't have
> multiple keys, then the existing syntax should suffice.

My personal preference for that ticket is that the annotation to say
which foreign keys to use should belong on the model for the
intermediate table, not adding to the declaration of the connecting
models. This seems more self-contained. For example, if you add an extra
column to the intermediate model you only have to update that model, not
hunt down and find the connecting models (which you may not necessarily
have permission to alter the code for in any case).

Regards,
Malcolm