I'm trying to build a test suite in my project and I'm making heavy
use of mocks to write them cleanly. Testing has reached a point where
I need to mock the fkey property of a model instance, but I'd really
like to use this as a mock. Of course, I can't assign the mock here
because it isn't an instance of the correct (or any) Model subclass.

Would a patch be accepted (which I have ready) to remove the TypeError
that comes from trying to assign to the property on the class, so that
I can patch it (via the mock library patch function) with a Mock
instance, for my test?