My project is,

project/
   blog/
   forum/
   wiki/
   setting.py

Now so all my views from blog/ must have the Blog object, all views
from forum should have Forum object, all views from wiki should have
Wiki object.

So in settings.py I can have

TEMPLATE_CONTEXT_PROCESSORS = (
 'wiki_contextprocessor',
'blog_contextprocessor',
'forum_contextprocessor'
)

And maybe similarly for MIDDLEWARE.

However this means that each middleware and context processor get used
even when they should not be, with extra DB hits.

So my pony request is,

1. Each app can have an app_settings.py.
2. This app_settings.py ADDS to the the settings, where settings are
tuples, or OVERRIDES in other cases.
3. The app_settings.py comes into play only when the view from that
app is executed.

This is sort of influenced by how apache allows distributed
configuration using httpd.conf for per server settings, and .htaccess
for distributed configuration. We can proabably get an idea or two
from there.

I was doing a little research and saw #5049, which was closed as
WONTFIX by Russell, but I cant seem to find the referenced discussion,
and am posting this as maybe this proposal is significantly different
than what was discussed in the past. :)