On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 9:40 PM, Dj Gilcrease <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This patch allows the creation of a user with the username
> BuiltinDjangoAnonymousUser, and will return an instance of that User
> (if it exists) instead of the AnonymousUser class. I added checking in
> the actual user model for this special user so that it will still
> return the proper values for is_authenticated, and is_anonymous, and
> so that noone could login as the special anonymous user. I also added
> a management command to create the new Anonymous User, and a signal
> listener to ask if you want to create one when you first install the
> Auth app.
>
> http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/9444

Seeing as you can already create a special user object in your own app
and treat it as "the" "anonymous" user, I don't see any benefit from
this, as I told you when you mentioned this in the #django-dev
channel. Plus, it's unlikely that everyone who wants a "real"
anonymous user will have exactly the same needs you do, which makes
this even more a candidate for being your own code in your own app,
rather than everyone's code in everyone's copy of Django (this is a
huge bikeshed argument waiting to happen, in other words).

So this is a big -1 from me.