On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Maluku <marc.luck...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 22 Dez., 17:11, Barry Peder
>> In addition to DojoX DTL, there's an Erlang library: ErlyDTL
>> (http://code.google.com/p/erlydtl/), and a PHP library: Calypso DTL
>>
>> just an FYI that there are at least three other "DTL"s out there, so
>> <something>DTL would have some company.
>>
> It would certainly produce some conformity..
> Well till this name thing is cleared up, I'm going to write some more
> documentation.
>
> perlDTL, malukuDTL, has not yet the right ring to it...

The real tragedy here is that the Django Template system is great, but
it's name is "tightly coupled" to the Django Project.

I think DTL is a great and common standard and what people will be looking for.

What's wrong with template::dtl  or template::perlDTL? People are
going to recognize it for what it is now that DTL is the common  name
for the django template library.

This should be easier than naming a kid.

Adam