On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 4:18 PM, bedros <2bed...@gmail.com> wrote:
> my apologies, django 1.0.2 final does not have x turned on for
> manage.py.  However, the book I'm reading "Python Web Development with
> Django" has the x turned on. It must be that they used a version
> before 1.0.2 final. (it covers django 1.0)

Most official documentation will, IIRC, tell you do do 'python
manage.py runserver' rather than './manage.py runserver', which solves
this and potentially some other issues (e.g., with Windows where it
can be tricky to set up the association to make sure Python runs the
script, but where just invoking Python to run it always works). I
can't vouch for third-party documentation or third-party books,
however.