On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 1:21 AM, Alex Gaynor <alex.gay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The one's that are a result of Oracle not returning a Decimal can be solved
> be inserting "..." before and after the number, in placeess of explicitly
> saying Decimal(unless of course this is actually a typecasting issue in
> Django itself, in which case that should be fixed) this is done a few other
> places in aggregates regress.

The '...' change hides the problem, but doesn't fix it. Sum('price')
should return a decimal, since it is a non-computed, non-ordinal
aggregate over a decimal field. Max(closing_time) should return a
datetime.time(), not a datetime.datetime() - this looks like an error
in the Oracle backend.

The real solution for these problems is to write a backend-specific
coerce_aggregate_value() function as part of the DatabaseOperations
class. SQLite has one for exactly this purpose (and for exactly the
same data types).

The SQL errors are slightly more problematic - I'll need to defer to
someone with Oracle-fu for suggestions on the fix.

Russ %-)