Ramiro Morales schrieb:
> What directions do [the rest of the] core devs think should this
> take?
I am not a core dev, but here is what I think:

- The current user based messages are not usefull for me.
- I use a own version of session based messages which is based
  on code of this ticket. But I added an optional loglevel argument.
- Although I use sesion based messages, I want to use a different
  aproach in the future, since they produce unneeded UPDATE statements.

  HTTP POST, create_message('Changes were saved'), Redirect after Post,
GET, pop_messages() --> SQL UPDATE.

The second request (GET) could be readonly.

Maybe something like this snippet would be good:
    http://www.djangosnippets.org/snippets/1064/

Thomas

--
Thomas Guettler, http://www.thomas-guettler.de/