1.1 is not 8 days away, the 1.1 major feature freeze, this means items that
are new features on the 1.1 features list.  1.1 final doesn't ship until
mid-March, which is quite a bit of time considering that starting on
February 15th the only changes that will occur will be bug fixes.

Alex

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 1:56 PM, mrts <m...@mrts.pri.ee> wrote:

> On Jan 7, 11:56 am, "Alex Gaynor" <alex.gay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'd like to remind everyone that the policy for bugs is to fix them, they
> > don't all need to be listed, because the goal is to fix them all.
>
> Let me remind everybody that 1.1 is officially only 8 days away. The
> goal is clearly not achievable in that time :), so a selection has to
> be made. I'd say bringing up trivial, non-controversial, fully
> documented and tested bugfixes like I and Tai Lee did, helps in that
> selection and makes 1.1 a better release. The total ticket mass is
> just unmanageable and picking ripe fruits for the devs to review and
> commit should assist, not hinder in achieving that goal.
>
> ---
>
> Which brings me to a related matter: as there have been no news about
> Honza and his progress on model validation, I'll semi-champion it (at
> least until he pops up again OR a core dev steps up to take it upon
> him/herself OR someone opposes this). I've created a fork of the
> unofficial git mirror for that purpose at
> http://github.com/mrts/django/tree/master
> . Everybody is most welcome to contribute.
>
> By semi-champion I mean that I'll contribute as much as I can beside
> daily job tasks by directly writing code, hanging in #django-dev to
> discuss things with people interested in helping out and merging
> other's patches and upstream changes ASAP. Unfortunately I can not
> warrant that this will be completed it in the short time remaining.
> Design decisions will eventually appear in the wiki:
> http://wiki.github.com/mrts/django
>
> As of now, I've only merged the latest patch by Honza, so the branch
> should be rather unusable (trunk has changed considerably in some
> areas -- neither did the patch apply cleanly nor was it always
> applicable where it did).

say it." --Voltaire
"The people's good is the highest law."--Cicero