On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Geoffrey Ducharme
<geoffrey.ducha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> From what I gather, the documentation effort have been mostly voluntary and
> not well organized. For example, I don't think there is a mailing list for
> documentation feedback. People like you seem to pop in from time to time,
> ask a few questions and then leave.

Documentation works the same way *any* contribution to Django works;
there's not a separate or different process for it, so just follow the
standard guidelines[1] for contributing to Django (which, btw include
a style guide for documentation). And major changes to the
documentation are generally discussed here on this list just the same
way major changes to Django's code are discussed.

If someone's interested in helping out, reading the contributing
guidelines, then looking at open documentation bugs[2] and submitting
patches, would be the way to go. For issues not covered by open
tickets, open a ticket and attach a patch (and keep in mind there's no
need to announce it; all the folks with commit bits are paying
attention to the tracker, and most get automatic notification of all
new tickets).

[1] http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/
[2]
http://code.djangoproject.com/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&component=Documentation&order=priority