On Mar 9, 8:13 pm, Karen Tracey <kmtra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I still see no reason to change it. I, personally, haven't noticed any
> convergence on a standard starting weekday of Monday in everyday life -- all
> my wall calendars (3) start with Sunday, though my desk calendar starts with
> Monday.  Granted it's a bit of a nuisance that you have to adjust the output
> of Python's isoweekday() to feed into this new lookup, but it isn't like all
> uses of this new lookup are going to be starting off with a input datetime
> object that you want to match the weekday of.  I actually expect it'll be
> more common to be feeding in results from a choice field or somesuch where
> assignment of choice values to user-visible strings is done manually by the
> programmer...no Python datetimes involved.

Well that may be an argument. Maybe i won't have any problems with
this at all. :)

On a side note: I haven't noticed any problems with that in everyday
life yet. BUT i had exactly this problem a few times before and i
always found it very cumbersome to convert the values - mostly between
the databases (that have no "standard") and my software and components
that mostly follow the ISO standard. So that's my personal background
for this matter and that's why i still think it's not the best choice.
But it's a choice and the workaround is not that hard so i'll leave it
"as is".

Regards,
Semmel