Hello,
Ian Kelly schrieb:
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Gregor Kling
> <gregor.kl...@dvz.fh-giessen.de> wrote:
>
>> Hello there,
>>
>> Regrettably the IPAddressField implementation is not what I expect :-(.
>> Is there by any chance, the possibilty to have a solution that works for
>> ipv4 *and* ipv6  in the near future ?
>>

> See ticket #811: http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/811

Hm, thanks for the link Ian.
But I have some problems to understand the actual state of the patch.
It is not yet in the trunk right now. So will it make it in 1.1 ?

Barring the actual state, I do not have a good feeling about this patch.
Foremost, I think IPy really should be used, last but not lease to
follow DRY.

 From a design point of view, I think the IPAddressField should rule all
ip versions.
Certainly it is not a bad idea, to have IPv4 and IPv6 versions of this
field.

gfk