Absolutely! I actually proposed this as part of my GSoC project. I think
there is enough interest that basic coverage support could be seen in core.
My research turned up figleaf, which seemed like a better fit (but its an
external dependency, and I'm not sure of the django policy on this,
especially when coverage.py is already pretty good ).
On a vaguely related note, I have been fiddling with the idea of a web
interface to some of the TestMaker functionality in Eric's test-utils.
Namely, we now serialize the actual request data as opposed to generating
tests directly, meaning there are now lots of cool analysis that can be
performed on things like template code (finding unused Context values etc.).
Integration with real coverage analysis could make for a _wicked_ testing
environment.

Just Brain-Farting, relevant subject+slow lecture = worthless devlist
posts.

-Kevin

--
Kevin Kubasik