Hi folks --

Google's just officially announced the list of accepted projects for
Summer of Code 2009, so that means I can now, too.

We deliberately set the bar *very* high this year, and I was gratified
to see our prospective students rise to the occasion. Many thanks to
all who applied!

We received about twenty proposals, but there was broad agreement
among the mentors that six in particular really stood out.

So, with no further ado, I'm happy to announce Django's Summer of Code
2009 projects are:

Honza Král, "Model aware validation"
Mentor: Joseph Kocherhans

Kevin Kubasik, "Upgrade the Awesomness Quotient of the Django Test
Utils and Regression Suite"
Mentor: Eric Holscher

Christopher Cahoon, "Improved HTTP and WSGI Support"
Mentor: Malcolm Tredinnick

Zain Memon, "UI improvements for the admin interface"
Mentor: Jacob Kaplan-Moss

Marc Albert Garcia Gonzalo, "Implementation of additional i18n features"
Mentor: Jannis Leidel

Congratulations all!

If you'd like to read the details of any of these projects, please
check out http://socghop.appspot.com/org/home/google/gsoc2009/django.
One of the requirements this year is weekly check-ins from each
student, so you'll be seeing the first of these later this week.

I'm really excited about these projects; this is shaping up to be the
best Summer of Code yet!

Jacob