I'm new to this list so sorry if this post is perceived as spam.

Multi-DB: I prefer dict to DSN because it raises the abstraction
beyond cryptic syntax.

It is great that django allows mixing bound/unbound fields in a
ModelForm. I'm using an unbound field as a CAPTCHA.

I'm interested in hearing how you cope w/ the problem of specifying
ManyToMany relationships in an object creation view. Consider two
models M1 & M2 and a creation view/form for M1. A technique I'm using
is to specify M2 values as an unbound field in a ModelForm for M1.
When the form validates:
m1Form.save()
I convert m1Form['m2'] into ManyToMany relationship chgs. This works
but it defeats the purpose of ModelForm.

I'm making use of a scrolling <div> of checkboxes instead of a shuttle
widget (takes up too much space) or a multi-select widget (easy to
mess up the selection). I'm considering creating a custom widget for
the MultipleChoiceField. Is this practical or a good idea?