On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 15:31 -0400, J. Cliff Dyer wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 14:40 -0400, J. Cliff Dyer wrote:

> > [...] but it occurs to me that if through=MyModel is set on the
> > ManyToMany, the sequence on MyModel will already be handled by the loop
> > at line 112.  I think I can code up a patch that will fix #10881 and my
> > problem above in one fell swoop, with the caveat that in order for a
> > ManyToManyField to function properly with a non-integer primary key, it
> > will have to be defined as a model, and passed in explicitly with the
> > through=MyModel syntax.
> >
> > Patch forthcoming.
> >

> I've attached a patch to #10881 that fixes the reported problem and also
> fixes mine for ./manage.py dbsync operations, but not for ./manage.py
> flush; I still get the same error.
>
> Cheers,
> Cliff

Since the patch seemed to be creeping beyond the scope of the reported
bug, I created a new ticket: #11107, and attached a patch to it which
solves the problem in all its manifestations, at least for postgres.  I
can't try it on other databases.  I'm new to django development and I
haven't gotten the test suite to run, so I haven't attached any tests.
If somebody has a chance to implement tests, that would be amazing, but
in the meantime, I'll try to figure out the test framework, and get it
running.

In the meantime, could somebody take a look at the patch, and let me
know if it needs any improvements?

Cheers,
Cliff