On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 9:53 PM, Jacob Kaplan-Moss<ja...@jacobian.org> wrote:

> Django is a server-side framework. It should never dictate front-end
> considerations.

Hi Jacob,

Pretty understand and agree with your will, as a user of Dojo,
mootools, prototype.js and jQuery in different projects.

Though I believe the question was not about dictate, but on how Django
can support users with their JS framework of choice.

Do you think that using *any* javascript framework for admin interface
will get boost for useful admin, overall django improvements and
third-party plugins development?
Do you think that choosing it sooner will get that boost sooner?

Maybe some library-agnostic helpers?
At least $() instead of document.getElementById()
Or kind of "django-jquery-helpers" sort of third-party addons?
Or do need each django 3rd party plugin support their own JS library of choice?
Currently jQuery is appearing in different projects as de-facto
standard of that "JS library of choice" just because of that wish to
reuse other people efforts.

In example, I want some django 3rd-party or contrib package with
autocomplete fields, ajax validation, ajax form sending and inline
property editing.
I want to be able to integrate it into admin interface and overall
interface in painless and fast way.

What do you suggest me to do?
How do you see further django-and-js-related infrastructure in future?

--
Best regards, Yuri V. Baburov, ICQ# 99934676, Skype: yuri.baburov,
MSN: bu...@live.com