Hello,

What's the recommended place to put code that should be run once upon
application initialization? I'm currently doing something along the
lines of:

   1. Create a new signal post_init
   2. Connecting handlers to post_init in a file startup.py
   3. Sending the signal at the top of a models.py file that gets used
by nearly everything.

This to me seems like a big hack, but I can't think of another way to
do it, or even where in Django it would be appropriate to send a
`post_init` signal? My only other thought is to import a module in
settings say, `startup` which does all the initialization setup.

Thoughts, ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew

--