Hi folks --

I'd like to start thinking about merging the SoC branches. As far as I
can tell we've got solid, worth-merging work out of all six of 'em --
WOOHOO! -- so let's cracking getting this stuff to trunk so people can
play with it.

I'd like to ask each mentor/student pair to give me a bit of information:

* A quick summary (more for the list than for me) of what new things
are on the branch, and give some instructions to people wanting to
review your code.

* A detailed explanation of *any* backwards-incompatible changes
merging your branch would make.

* Are all the technical aspects of your house in order? Is what's on
the branch at about the same level as we'd require from a patch (tests
passing, APIs complete, documentation included)? If not, what's left
to be done in this department?

* Is it going to be better to merge bits off the branch piecemeal, or
should we plan to merge the whole dang thing?

* Are there any other branches you're worried about comparability
with? Or any other sort of sequencing concerns we should take into
account?

I'm going to be reviewing the branches looking for these sorts of
things, and I'm going to try to work up a merge plan over the next
week or so.

Jacob