> One of the major advantages of URLObject is that it directly
> subclasses unicode, so you can use it everywhere strings are used, but
> it still has those handy methods and properties for manipulating/
> querying the URL.

I agree that a unicode subclass for holding the url-related data is a
really good idea in that it can be completely transparent in situation
where we just need to work on a bare unicode path. More
straightforward than doing `unicode(model.url)`.

I also agree that the "subclassing urlparse.ParseResult" idea would
make the jump deadly simple.

Still, I think I'm +1 for Zachary's idea.