> So my question, and this is something I've been thinking about a lot
> of the proposals lately is: why should this be in Django itself.

I couldn't agree with your sentiment more, in the whole.  In fact, to
me, until now all of the proposals aside from Simon's seem better
outside of Django than inside of it.

That being said, this proposal is actually something that I think fits
well within Django core itself, as it really is a logical extension of
the core functionality of the ORM.

Thanks,
Eric Florenzano