On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 04:42, Simon Willison <si...@simonwillison.net> wrote:
> I'm keen to receive as much feedback on the implementation as possible.

It is perfectly possible to set up logging in such a way that all the
logs for several programs wind up in the same file, or there are
duplicate entries. The first happens/happened if/when several programs
used the same interpreter. The second is user error. Been there been
stumped by both. Users need to be protected from both, somehow, but
how... Might be that a standard way for doing it in Django will
suffice for case 2. Will a warning/docs be needed for case 1?

When I first used the logging-library (2002?) I had a problem in
threaded programs, some exceptions were swallowed that shouldn't have
been, leading to rather mysterious behaviour. The exception-hierarchy
have been changed (a couple of times ;) ) since then so it might no
longer be an issue but I'd sleep better if there was tests for this
too. Vinay?

HM