On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 2:05 PM, David Cramer <dcra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The proposal per your email is more or less how django-notices works.

For me, the best solution would be a combination of django-notify and
django-notices. django-notify for their fallback backend and the
interchangeable backend support in general, and django-notices for the
logger-like API. I especially like the NOTICE_LEVEL setting which
could easily be controlled via your DEBUG setting. I agree that custom
levels should be easy and encouraged, and the strings used even for
the built-in levels should be configurable.

Paul