On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 11:52 AM, David Cramer <dcra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would definitely say it needs to be configurable then at the least.
> As using cookies to send messges is fine if you guarantee the entity
> is removed onthe next hit. Otherwise it becomes a performance issue
> storing them for longer periods of time.
>
> While I don't think that is common it should definitely be a factor in
> the decision.

django-notify lets you plug in a pure session storage if that's what you want.

And if you do use cookies, they'll get removed 90% of the time on the
next request, and in most other cases removed on the subsequent
request (e.g., in the case of 2+ chained redirects).

The point is just to keep them around until they're actually
displayed, not indefinitely.

Tobias
--
Tobias McNulty