On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 12:13 AM, Chris Beaven <smileych...@gmail.com> wrote:
> One thought: It would be backwards incompatible to change
> {{ messages }}, it's already being used for User messages. To avoid
> confusion, I have consistently steered away from using the term
> "messages" by itself in documentation and code. I see that the wiki
> page doesn't make the same distinction.

Yes, that's a choice we'll have to make. Most folks seem to default to
calling them messages (or maybe that's just me).

That said, I see your point.  What about {{ request.messages }}?  Is
that still going to be confusing?  Whatever the name becomes, I don't
really see the need for the extra context processor.  You'll likely be
writing the name far more often in your views than in your templates.

This also raises the issue of how this app will live side by side with
User messages.  I threw out a few ideas on the wiki (give User
messages a much narrower purpose than they have now and/or phase them
out altogether), but I'm sure there are other (probably better) ones.

My only real issue with "notifications" is that it's more letters to
type and fewer letters in the actual message (before the line hits 80
chars).

Tobias
--
Tobias McNulty