On Friday, October 23, 2009, James Bennett <ubernost...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 11:20 PM, Vinay Sajip <vinay_sa...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> How about using BitBucket? Does it have the same limitation? I see
>> there's already a Django mirror there:
>
> If anyone's interested, I can see about maintaining a copy pulling
> from any branches people are maintaining on bitbucket.
>
> (and with hg-git, I can probably pull github branches to it, too)

Just a little warning about the django mirrors on bitbucket. We tried
to use them, too, but all branches except for trunk are broken. For
example, there is just one single "gsoc" branch which mixes all gsoc
svn branches. The problem is that django's svn doesn't follow the
normal branch structure.

We switched to hg convert'ing a mirror from github, but that way you
lose all branch names which makes development more difficult.

So, I think the best solution is to modify hg convert such that it can
either understand your svn branch layout or give names to git
branches. The latter approach might be better if you plan to pull
other github branches which would be forks of the most popular github
django mirror, so you at least get a consistent changeset history.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald

--
Bye,