On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 3:27 AM, Luke Plant <l.plant...@cantab.net> wrote:
> On Saturday 28 November 2009 07:30:46 Russell Keith-Magee wrote:
>
>> However - with that said, we're currently about 1 month out from
>>  the deadline for adding new features to Django 1.2. The features
>>  that are scheduled for that release were chosen back in October,
>>  following several months of discussion and design plans. The core
>>  team is currently focussed on developing the features that we want
>>  in 1.2.
>
> Isn't this in our "Medium priority" list for 1.2 ?
> http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/Version1.2Features
>
> Malcolm is down at a committer for this, but no-one as lieutenant, and
> it looks like someone voted -1. As far as I understand it, that means
> this is definitely a possibility for 1.2, but would require a lot of
> work in terms of a good design and implementation that all the core
> devs are happy with.

Gah - my mistake. I had forgotten that Malcolm had claimed this one.
The -1 vote is James Bennett, and it appears to be a -1 on the fact
that there is no working prototype patch on the ticket.

In practice, I'm not sure this changes much. Given that Malcolm is
still buried in his work commitments, if the current state of the
ticket is "we need to do some design work", one month from the feature
deadline isn't the best time to start those design discussions.

Russ %-)