On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 4:16 AM, subs...@gmail.com <subs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh, I see from a later message by Alex that Meta.using was removed.
>
> -1!

There's a very good reason why this was removed. It isn't a model
level property. Consider - what if contrib.auth.User had a Meta
using='foo' property? If this were the case, you wouldn't be able to
reuse the contrib.auth.User model without defining a 'foo' database.
This would singlehandedly hobble the ability reuse Django
applications.

On top of that, the capability provided by Meta.using can easily be
reproduced with a custom manager. I've given an example of how this
would work in this thread.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)