Hi folks --

According to our timeline, we're at (a bit past, actually) the point
where we need to take a quick look at progress towards 1.2 and decide
whether the current timeline still makes sense.

Right now, we've completed 4.5 features on the 1.2 priority list:

    * Comment admin actions (Contrib-10).
    * Improved CSRF protection (Core-01).
    * The first half(ish) of merging multidb (GSoC-05)
    * QuerySet.exists() (ORM-10)
    * Email backends (Email-01)

Additionally, a few features are in or close to last-call stage
(multidb and the smarter if tag).

Our current roadmap calls for large feature freeze on December 22nd,
and a complete freeze on January 26th.

So the question is: given what we've got done, and guess at what we
will get done, is the current timeline still feasible, or should we
push the timeline?

My opinion is that we should keep the schedule as-is. The features
we've got done so far aren't all huge and game-changing, but if we
released 1.2 with the features *as they stand right now*, it'd still
make a solid upgrade. If we can indeed get multidb merged, that'll be
a killer feature, but if it's not done I don't want to wait for it.

Not ever release of Django needs to be a home run; I'd settle for a
base hit every time.

Thoughts?

Jacob