On Dec 15, 8:59 am, Sergiy Kuzmenko <s.kuzme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder if there is a particular reason why last_login field of  is not
> defined as "null=True"? It makes sense to me to have it as null which would
> mean that the user never logged in. Could there be any dependencies relying
> on this field not being null?

I came across one today:
contrib.auth.tokens.PasswordResetTokenGenerator
has a method _make_token_with_timestamp, which uses last_login to
create the
token. This means that if someone generates a password reset request,
the token
will be invalidated if that user then logs in. This could occur if a
person creates
password reset requests for a user that is not themself.

Matt.