On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:23 AM, James Bennett <ubernost...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 9:15 PM, DULMANDAKH Sukhbaatar
> <dulmand...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please note that python 2.4 is default in RHEL5.
>
> I'm aware of that, and concerns about RHEL were noted when I
> originally proposed the roadmap. But that's Red Hat's problem; if they
> want to keep shipping ancient versions of Python, their customers
> aren't going to be able to run modern Python applications.

It's also important to note that:

 * Django 1.2 *will* be Python 2.4 compatible, so RHEL5 users will be
able to use every Django 1.2.X release.

 * Python 2.5, 2.6, 3.0 and 3.1 are available for RHEL5, albeit under
different support arrangements. Users bound to RHEL5 that simply must
use Django 1.3+ have the option of installing a different version of
Python.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)