On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 9:37 PM, hejsan <hr.bja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know this has been discussed and in most threads I've found it has
> been disregarded with comments like: "Just use a 3rd party app" or
> "just use the sites-framework" but I think there are definetly
> advantages to having this an included feature. So here goes again:

I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm, but you've chosen a
inopportune time to try and start this discussion. We're just days
away from an alpha release, which will mark the point at which no more
big features will be accepted for the v1.2 release. The attention of
the Django core developers is currently on trying to finish the
features that we have all agreed are important for v1.2, as documented
in the wiki [1].

The right time to start a discussion like this is during the feature
selection phase of development. The next feature selection window will
open just after the release of Django 1.2, in about 3-4 months time.

Again - I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm. I just want to let you
know why you may not get a very enthusiastic response to your
suggestions at this time.

[1] http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/Version1.2Features

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)